Monday, May 3, 2010

The Goal

The goal of this blog is to enlighten myself on the history and foundation of this great nation, The United States of America. I admit that I am uneducated about the history and the moments that made this country. I would like to build my knowledge so that I may be able to educate my children and my friends about our US history. I want the true history, not the watered down text-book versions. Getting the ideals expressed that the US was founded on God and the freedom to practice worship for the one true God.
I feel this adventure will be difficult at times, and will place me out of my comfort zone. My first step will be to look at the Constitution of The United States of America. I really want to read and understand what is in this document and not what I have been told is in it. I am done listening to everyone else, I want my OWN VOICE and my OWN UNDERSTANDING.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet I am doing the declaration first you can find the text for it here http://www.earlyamerica.com/earlyamerica/freedom/doi/text.html I am glad one person is on board with me and I am glad it is you, Jill.

    ReplyDelete